Today, we'll be introducing the class, making sure we have access to the right technology, dealing with any administrative questions, and beginning our work on designing and building for the internet.
- Course overview
- Review course outline
- Technology requirements
- Context: History of the web, basic web technologies
- Getting started: Tools
- Text editors
- FTP clients
- Web servers
- Basic HTML
- Document skeleton
- Head elements
- Block and inline elements
In-class task: build and upload a simple file
After today, aways check the "preparation" section to make sure you've done everything you need to prepare for class.
Here you will find any sample files you need for class.
Please download the basic HTML handout.
Uploading with Filezilla
Uploading with Cyberduck
- Getting started with HTML on the Mozilla Developers Network
- Basic HTML from W3Schools
- Getting started with HTML.com
- Atom editor
- A free, open-source, cross-platform editor for HTML and more
- A free, open-source, cross-platform FTP client for moving files to your web server.
Here you'll find content about the business and profession of interactive design. Look for topics here in future classes.
Contact me - Slack is best.